“A Value Proposition should define the unique way in which a business or brand delivers value for its customers. It should explain the competitive advantage - why customers should buy from that brand rather than another; and it should always be easy to understand and clearly evidenced.”
“why should I buy it or respond to it... what’s in it for me?”
So organisations should define and articulate the value proposition they need to communicate; and craft the conclusions into brand and sales messaging that articulates the propositions simply and clearly.
Whether the process is driven by an agency for their clients or by the client company themselves, the process can be inspirational. The client company has an objective opportunity to stand back and review its core product/service offer and creative/agency teams to find fresh creative solutions that are both clear and compelling .
Words and Images can facilitate this process, and add objective insight and clarity, by delivering:
• facilitated brand and value proposition meetings/workshops
• creating brand portraits that define a brand’s attributes and essence
• coaching agency teams to use value proposition techniques to test and improve clients’ communications and produce more effective creative results
• assessing and defining customer benefit propositions and market positioning - incl. SWOT analysis and competitor reviews
• facilitating development of the core value propositions for tenders and sales pitches
• engaging all stakeholders to take ownership of the value proposition and bring it to life (e.g. directors, partners, brand managers, HR teams, business owners and agency teams).
Arriva, value proposition & branding ...read more>>
Bedfordia Group, value proposition & branding...read more>>
John Ibbett, Chairman, Bedfordia Group, Nov 2009